Up to Full Time considered – Permanent
Salary: £31,401 FTE
Are you a conscientious, self-starter, able to use your own initiative and anticipate problems?
Are you a skilled financial magician who is strategic and highly organised? Do you thrive in a busy but rewarding environment? Then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for trustees to join us, as a number of our current Board are reaching the end of their tenure. It is an important time for the charity with a new strategy in place to grow the charity and the services that we provide across West Sussex.
You will be involved in a very exciting chapter for our Charity as we expand our services, you will play a key role in making it possible.
About Dementia Support
Dementia Support is a young local charity based in Tangmere near Chichester and we have now created the first ever ‘one stop shop’ for those living directly or indirectly with dementia. In our state-of-the-art Hub Sage House which opened in May 2018, we deliver a wide range of vital services under one roof, providing the latest support, information, advice, activities and care to those living with dementia and memory loss.
Following the successful launch of Sage House, we are entering our next exciting phase which involves growing the charity across West Sussex and ultimately to a National level.
We are looking for a variety of skills to make up our trustee body and would welcome applications from those who have a background in any of the following;
- Fundraising – Providing guidance and expertise to the CEO and Board of Trustees in the development of the fundraising strategy
- Commercial – Knowledge and experience of working in a commercial/business environment
- Legal – To advise the Chair and Board of Trustees on all matters associated with the legal aspects of the charity
- Clinical or Commissioning background to advise the Board of Trustees on the development of services for people living with Dementia
We are keen to offer opportunities to people in the early to mid-stages of their career who may be looking to gain board experience as part of their professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, trustees and volunteers. We celebrate diversity and applications are actively encouraged from people living with dementia and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
This is a voluntary, unpaid role and each year you will commit to:
- Attending 6 board meetings, these are bi-monthly on a Friday from 11.00 to 2.00pm
- Attending relevant committee meetings
- Additional time commitments may be necessary to fulfil the role of a trustee attending events
Trustee –Person Specification
- Commitment to the organisation and willingness to devote the necessary time and effort – a knowledge and understanding of dementia is advantageous
- Can demonstrate experience of working at a strategic level and as part of a team
- Evidence of demonstrating sound judgment and effective decision making with a willingness to express their views
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Demonstrates fairness and the importance of confidentiality and understands the need to promote and implement equality and fairness
Messages from two of our Trustees
Sara Kelly ex GP
I joined Dementia Support shortly after it was set up in 2015. Being a Trustee has been challenging, fascinating and immensely rewarding. I am hugely proud of what we have achieved so far and I can highly recommend joining the team.
Chris Thornhill – Head of Marketing & Communications at Goodwood
I became a Trustee in 2019 to add some Marketing & Communications expertise to the Board of Trustees. I saw it as an exciting opportunity to gain beneficial experience at board level for an exciting, entrepreneurial & growing charity. The Trustees and the wider organisation have been very welcoming and inspiring, the experience itself has been hugely rewarding, challenging & importantly ‘fun’.
If you are interested in applying for a trusteeship please email our HR Trustee; email@example.com
If you would like to hear about future job vacancies please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org