Join The 2.6 Challenge and Raise Funds for Dementia Support
Virgin Money London Marathon have launched The 2.6 Challenge and we’re inviting you to take part.
Join The 2.6 Challenge and fundraise for us. Take part in an activity of your choice based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and raise some money whilst doing it.
Ideas include: running around your balcony for 26 minutes; doing 26 press-ups with the dog on your back; singing 26 songs; being silent for 2.6 hours (perhaps one for the kids?!)
Be as creative as you can be and fundraise for us!
The Virgin Money London Marathon should have taken place on Sunday 26 April (it has been postponed to 4 October). To mark the day they are launching The 2.6 Challenge to get people active and fundraising. Find out more about The 2.6 Challenge here.
We are now supporting those who are living with Coronavirus AND dementia – your help is urgently needed to support older people grappling with the biggest challenge of their lives.
Our Coronavirus Dementia Response Team continues to support our customers through:
- Daily specialist advice and emotional support through our Wayfinding telephone service
- Deliveries of food, medicines and basic necessities to people within our area
- Resources and ideas for dementia-specific activities to help keep people calm, active and well
- Access to dementia friendly virtual activities such as singing
How to get started
1. Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas here
2. Head to twopointsixchallenge.co.uk to donate £26 – or whatever you can afford – to us or to set up a fundraising page – link below
3. Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
4. Complete your challenge
5. Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge #SAGE2626