Salary: £17,772 to £18,746 Permanent – Full time
Do you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same? Do you have a can-do attitude and want to make a real difference to the lives of those living with dementia and their families? Then this is the role for you.
This is a brand new role in a growing charity who have big plans and ambitions.
The right candidate will be caring and highly passionate, skilled at building effective relationships and committed to making a difference to those living with dementia and their families. You will provide support and advice, enabling people to access the right services at the right time, as well as emotionally containing individuals who may be awaiting a diagnosis.
The Wayfinder will be a key point of contact, support individuals and their families through the dementia pathway, from pre-diagnosis to end of life care.
You will work closely with the Wayfinder Team Leader in supporting the team of Wayfinder volunteers and visitors in our bespoke Dementia hub based in Tangmere, near Chichester.
The key attributes required for the Wayfinder are:
• Excellent communication skills across all channels
• Good listener and a passion for supporting others
• Enjoy working as part of a team as well as independently
• Knowledge and understanding of dementia
• Knowledge of health and social care system, would be an advantage
• Ensures a high-quality standard of service is always delivered against defined performance indicators
• Ability to create and maintain key working relationships with internal customers, team colleagues and external partners/organisations.
The successful applicant will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, supporting individuals to live well with Dementia and maximise quality of life.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Download a full job description here.
To apply please complete our application form – download here, and send it to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please speak to Alison Weeks on 01243 888 691.
Closing Date; 21st May, 2018
Interviews; Week Ending 1st June, 2018.