Part-time (22.5 hours per week) – Permanent
Salary: £21,268 to £23,398 (Pro rata £12,760 to £14,038.80)
This is a new role in a growing charity who have big plans and ambitions to support people living with Dementia in an unprecedented way. Based in Tangmere near Chichester, Dementia Support are creating the first ever ‘one stop shop’ for those living directly or indirectly with dementia. In this state-of-the-art Hub opening in May 2018, we will deliver a wide range of dementia services under one roof.
As we now gather momentum and prepare for our launch, we are looking to expand our high performing and friendly team.
Do you love numbers and want to make a difference for people? Then we want to hear from you!
The Finance Officer is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports. The role will provide financial support to the CEO and the Charity’s Treasurer through bookkeeping, banking and reporting services.
Under the supervision of the CEO, the role is responsible for maintaining the charity’s accounts. This includes:
- Ensuring all income and expenditure transactions are recorded and ledgers kept up to date on Sage
- Ensuring all source documents are filed efficiently
- Ensuring VAT is correctly accounted for
- Reconciling our bank and petty cash account
- Ensuring suppliers are paid on time
- Dealing with supplier and staff queries and producing ad hoc reports as may be required from Sage.
A good level of experience of general bookkeeping on Sage is essential, together with excellent customer care skills, an eye for detail and a positive approach.
High quality, passionate services are key to our vision and we expect all our teams to join us in delivering these core organisational values.
The Finance Officer maintains all necessary and appropriate records, files and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operation and performance administration of the organisation, focusing on accuracy and transparency and ensuring they are maintained in a timely manner.
- Compilation of statistics and performance information regarding relevant the service area
- Ensuring quality monitoring mechanisms are in place and used effectively
- Supporting the development and delivery of the annual Business Plan.
To download a full job description click here.
To apply please complete our application form – download here, and send it to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please speak to Sally on 01243 888 691.
Closing date; 26th March, 2018
Interview date; 3rd April, 2018